SHOW: Collective Deep Trust –
CDT0010: St Ann’s New Neighbourhood: Peace and Wellness Festival 2021 – Part 2
The Mayor of London, Sadiq Khan, has announced Catalyst Housing as his development partner for a major redevelopment of the St Ann’s Hospital site in Tottenham.
Catalyst’s plans for the site involve building 934 homes, with 50 of these affordable homes set aside for community-led housing, enabling local people to own some of the homes and making St Ann’s one of the largest community-led housing schemes in London.
On Saturday 25th Sept 2021 Abundance Centres were honoured to open Catalyst Housing’s first Peace and Wellbeing Festival designed to engage the local community in sharing their hopes and aspirations for the new development.
In this podcast (Part 2) you hear from attendees, stall holders and presenters of the Festival:
● Binary Drumming (#uLearnNaturally) with Astehmari & the Abundance Centres‘ cultural arts and Community Science Labs team.
● Poet Jo Roach shares a selection of touching poetry.
● Sereena Keymatlian and team from the Haringey Play Association reason on the value of free play and adventure.
● Russell Miller shares insight on the Black Mullberry tree, here more of his insights on other local trees in Part 3 of this podcast series.
● Finally we hear some summary thoughts from the Festival host, King David from Black People Giving (BPG); on a mission to establish and maintain peace and well-being locally and beyond.
The whole day was wonderful and so we’ve got a great series of podcast treats for you, stay tuned.